Department of Commerce
The department of commerce came into being in 1981 with B.Com Degree Course. A few years later in 1985 Pre Degree 4th Group was introduced as a feeder course. It became a Post-graduate Department in the year 2013. The Department has experienced its excellence with committed members of staff and dedicated students who bring reputation to the college in the field of academic and extra-curricular activities. The alumni/ae of the department include many well-known personalities in academic, banking, business, management, chartered accountancy, sports etc.
Learning & infrastructure resources
- Smart class is used regularly.
- More than 300 books on commerce by Indian & foreign authors.
- Business & trade related newspapers are made available.
- Journals related to commerce, business and finance are made available.
- With the objective of supporting the students from financially backward families the department has started a book bank.
- Entrepreneurship Development Club.
- Remedial coaching program for the academically weaker students
- College level seminars are conducted regularly.
- “PAN for all” campaign.
- Banking literacy campaign
Student Centered activities
- Investment Game
- Marketing Fest- Profit is donated to charitable institution.
- Industrial & Institutional visit
- Study tour
- Participation in Inter Collegiate Competitions conducted by other colleges.
In recent years many students of the department got placed through campus recruitment in companies like South Indian Bank, IBM, HP, Infosys and Muthoot Fincorps. Around 30% of our former students are working abroad. During the last three years six former students of the college passed UGC-NET and three of them have secured JRF also. Now all of them are pursuing research leading to Ph.D.
List of students completed Project/Internship
Click on the following link to see the list of students undergoing/completed field project/internship on the corresponding academic year